Our mission is to assist parents in training their children to love the Lord their God with all their hearts, souls and minds. Using a classical methodology and proven curriculum, the mission of PCS is to provide students the necessary tools to acquire, comprehend, express and defend knowledge from a biblical worldview and to equip them to fulfill the calling God has for their lives.
- Self-discipline: We seek to develop students who are diligent and self-motivated learners, and who strive to do all things with excellence for the glory of God
- Truth: We seek to give students the tools to know and defend God’s truth and to instill in them a Christian worldview that sees all of life from a biblical perspective
- Love for Learning: We seek to promote a culture in which students are safe, loved and respected, and to ignite in them a passion for learning that will continue for a lifetime
- Faithfulness: We seek to equip students to be faithful and fruitful servants of Christ, encouraging them to be shapers of the culture rather than formed by the culture
We Are Christian… We acknowledge God as the Creator and Sustainer of all things. We believe that He has revealed Himself through his Creation and ultimately through His Word. He is the author of all truth. We were created to know Him and to bring Him glory in every aspect of life. We affirm the Confessional Statement set forth by The Gospel Coalition (thegospelcoalition.org).
We Are a School… We exist to partner with like-minded parents in helping students develop discipline, a lifelong love of learning, and the ability to think critically. We believe these skills will prepare them to accomplish whatever God calls them to do in life. We seek to point students to God as they explore what He has created. We believe that God is glorified as students honor Him with their minds, seeking out His truth.
We Are Classical… We employ methods of teaching and learning that have stood the test of time and that also find support in modern developmental theory. We are based on a model that affirms that learning occurs in three stages:
- The early years are the grammar stage, during which students learn basic facts across the disciplines.
- This lays the foundation for the logic stage, during which students learn the “why” behind the facts they have mastered.
- Finally students reach the rhetoric stage in which they learn to thoughtfully express and defend their ideas.
Classical education also includes the study of Latin, the foundation of many modern languages. With additional emphasis on the development of mathematical and critical thinking skills, our school maintains a rigorous and well-balanced approach.
Providence Classical School of Rock Hill is accredited by the Classical Latin School Association, and is a member of the South Carolina Association of Christian Schools. PCS is also thankful for the support provided by Highlands Latin School.